For this assignment, you will design a set of classes that work together to simulate a
car's fuel gauge and odometer. The classes you will design are the following:
The FuelGauge Class: This class will simulate a fuel gauge. Its responsibilities are as
• To know the car’s current amount of fuel, in gallons.
• To report the car’s current amount of fuel, in gallons.
• To be able to increment the amount of fuel by 1 gallon. This simulates putting fuel in
the car. ( The car can hold a maximum of 15 gallons.)
• To be able to decrement the amount of fuel by 1 gallon, if the amount of fuel is greater
than 0 gallons. This simulates burning fuel as the car runs.
The Odometer Class: This class will simulate the car’s odometer. Its responsibilities are
• To know the car’s current mileage.
• To report the car’s current mileage.
• To be able to increment the current mileage by 1 mile. The maximum mileage the
odometer can store is 999,999 miles. When this amount is exceeded, the odometer
resets the current mileage to 0.
• To be able to work with a FuelGauge object. It should decrease the FuelGauge
object’s current amount of fuel by 1 gallon for every 24 miles traveled. ( The car’s fuel
economy is 24 miles per gallon.)
Demonstrate the classes by creating instances of each. Simulate filling the car up with
fuel, and then run a loop that increments the odometer until the car runs out of fuel.
During each loop iteration, print the car’s current mileage and amount of fuel.
Most important things to be done for the assignment.
* Proper Validation should be done for the code. For example: asking the user for
entering the number between (0-12) and user typed mistakely 13 or -1 then code
should not be collapsed or error.
1. Need to have proper design ( UML with Flowchart) with Dia app. Flowchart should be drawn for each method in UML.
2. Proper comments.
3.Proper doc-string describing each method in code.
4.Proper Documentation should be for the code.
5. with code the UML and flowcart should be matched.